Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Old Folks (like me) and Social Media

I am part of that explosion of interest in social media that Steve D. mentioned. I am finding that this is a whole new world -- one that could quickly pass me by. And I'm really not that old. So I am choosing to engage and learn. And discuss. I had a discussion the other day with an old school friend who was appalled that federal agencies were getting into the social media act. How can we keep integrity? How can we maintain control and make sure that what is posted and offered as agency gospel is authentic? How can we stay in the good graces of the Department, Congress, OMB and others in our use of this new media?

And yet, how can we afford not to keep up with the new world of communication? My take is to learn it, use it, share it, decide on protocols that make us comfortable, current and most of all relevant.

No comments: